Thursday, August 07, 2014

Project: Painted Canvas Bag

Allie and I painted this canvas bag to use for groceries. But, I think it would make an adorable purse!

 We started out with a plain 100% cotton canvas bag that I got at Hobby Lobby for $2.99.  It is 13x13x5 inches, so it is a good size bag.
 I made a quick sketch of starfish and then we went to town painting.  We used three colors of blue fabric paint - light, medium and dark.  We outlined the starfish with the dark blue, then created a shadow with the lighter blues.
We used the handles of the brush to paint circles inside the starfish -- to look like texture.  Simply dip the opposite side of the brush into the paint and then dab it on.  When it was dry, I outlined the images with a black fabric pen.
 Allie suggested we make a starfish peeking out of the pocket... So we did that too!
 I also painted a scalloped rim along the edge of the bag to give it a little more pop....
And here it is ready to go to town!  It would be adorable for groceries or to take to the beach, or to the library....
linking to http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/


It's a Blog Party



http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Partycraft Secrets said...

super cute - joined your site, and
off to have a look round your site - love you to come visit / follow me too! x

Heather Kaluf said...

I just wanted to let you know, you are being featured on my blog today! I am finally back and getting caught up on all the parties I missed. Come on over and grab a featured button :)
xoxo
Heather
www.HeatherlyLoves.com